This week’s podcast is on Airbnb and what I think people are getting wrong about its business model and future in Asia. Which has some effect on how you would value it going forward.
You can listen to this podcast here or at iTunes, Google Podcasts and Himalaya.
The valuation presentation by NYU Professor Damodaran is here.
The mentioned factors for Airbnb were:
- Market size and / or growth
- Competitive dynamics and strengths
- Industry and unit economics
Related podcasts and articles:
Concepts for this class.
- Digital Platforms: Marketplaces for Products and Services. This is on the right side of the pyramid below.
- Bundling and Cross-Selling. These are under soft advantages below (light green).
- Network Effects. This is under competitive advantage below (dark green).
Companies for this class:
- #16: Basics of Ctrip, Meituan and Other Marketplace Platforms for Services
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment, legal or tax advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. This is not investment advice. Investing is risky. Do your own research.