I give keynote speeches around the world on digital strategy and the latest lessons from the tech leaders of the US, China and Asia. These are at:
- Company events – McKinsey & Co, UPS, Alibaba, Adidas, LaSalle Investment Management.
- Conferences – Citic Securities, Financial Times, Capillary Tech, Clariant Cataysts.
- Executive education seminars – ICBC, China Merchant Bank, Cambridge University.
- Universities – CEIBS, Peking University, Tsinghua, NYU, Columbia Business School, University of Torino, University of Warsaw.
“Jeff is one of the few people who can claim to be a “bridge” between China and the West. He does an amazing job at connecting with his audience…I highly recommend him.” – David Clark, Vice President, Alibaba
“Jeff brings an energetic and wide ranging perspective to the factors that are making China a global powerhouse in digital commerce and services. He does a great job of explaining to lay people the visions and capabilities of the leading technology and e-commerce players in China and how they are transforming the economy.” – Jeff Jacobson, Global CEO, LaSalle Investment Management
“Jeff Towson lived up to the reputation of being the #1 followed Professor in China on LinkedIn exactly because he presented like no Professor could; Insightful yet practical, deep and yet engaging. Thanks for enriching our discussion at the Future Re-Imagined conference.” – Shaun Hoon, Asian Forum
“Professor Towson was a highlight of our event, his insights, stature and engagement was second to none, he truly understands the most salient topics for both East and West audiences”- Les Baquiran, Founder of Alpine Capital Advisors and Pinebase China
Below is part of a talk I gave in Singapore on digital strategy. The full talk (since retired) is located at the bottom of this page.
My most popular talks are:
“Updates and Lessons From the Frontiers of Digital”
- This talk looks at the diffusion of DT (data technology) into the various sectors of the economy and where the most important trends are happening. Past versions have included:
- How New Retail is the advancing frontier of Online-Merge-Offline (OMO), a radical transformation of the consumer experience and business strategy.
- How innovation in digital is increasingly combining with innovation in smart, connected hardware.
- How China’s +1B digital-first consumers are driving the creation of businesses and infrastructure that is superior for a digital lifestyle.
- How the Chinese State is “all in” on digital – and what that means in practice.
“Updates and Lessons From New Retail Revolution”
- E-commerce and digital transformation are areas where China is increasingly setting the pace. Both are happening larger and faster in China than anywhere else.
- This talk details what retail, consumer products and other companies and executives should know about what is happening as consumers, retail and technology increasingly combine.
- It details the strategies and tactics of China’s “new retail” phenomenon – including:
- Online-merge-offline (OMO) is driving the next evolution in retail and intelligent logistics.
- The 3-4 big moves of the big digital platforms (Alibaba, JD).
- 3 questions you can use to separate the signal from the noise in retail tech.
“Increasingly Intelligent Logistics and Increasingly Smart Cities”
- This talk details what logistics, real estate and other companies and executives should know about what is happening in smart cities and the platformification of logistics. This includes:
- Online-merge-offline (OMO) is driving the next evolution intelligent logistics.
- Chinese smart cities are the next really big thing. With mobility and security as the first wave.
“The Most Important Technology Trends in Asia This Year”
- China and Asia are no longer just fast followers in digital. In many areas, they are now the leaders and Asia’s tech trends have important lessons for the rest of the world, especially other developing economies like SE Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- This talk summarizes the latest and most important technology trends happening in China / Asia. And how they are changing business.
B2C is Supercharging B2B and B2-SMB in Digital China
- The engine of digital China has been +1B digital-first, connected consumers. This engine is now accelerating the digitazation of merchants and enterprises – and small and medium businesses in particular. This talk includes
- How digital B2B is different in China.
- A consumer-producer network is emerging. And supercharging B2B in SMEs.
- 2-3 big new platforms are on the horizon.
How China’s Digital-First Consumers Are Transforming Luxury, Tourism and the World
- Luxury spending and HNWIs are growing fast in China. But things are changing fast and luxury product and service companies are being increasingly impacted. This talk details this sector – including:
- 5 Lessons from luxury brands in digital China.
- What you should be doing to prepare for online-merge-offline in luxury.
Other Talks Include
- The Rise of China and Asia’s Super-Platforms
- Get Ready for China / Asia 2025: A Region Transformed by Chinese Consumers, Companies and Capital.
- Updates from the Brutal Fight for 1 Billion Chinese Consumers
- Organizational Models for Technology Businesses in Digital China / Asia
- What Brazil and Other Developing Economies Can Learn From China
To book a speaking engagement, please contact your local speakers bureau or email me at email@example.com
“Jeffrey’s insights into modern China and knowledge about Chinese economy are unparalleled. The thought-provoking message that Jeff delivered will resonate with our organization for many years.” – Dr Piotr Grzebyk, Director of School of Law and Economy of China, University of Warsaw
Here is the full talk from Singapore.
Some random pictures from talks around the world