In this class, I discuss my visit to JD’s new 50,000 sqm e-space in Chongqing – and the question of what new retail (i.e., online-merge-offline) will mean for department stores and shopping malls.
Articles / podcasts cited in this class:
- JD’s E-Space Is a Fascinating New Frontier in Chinese Retail (Pt 1 of 2)
- 6 Questions About JD’s New E-Space (Pt 2 of 2)
- How Intime and Alibaba Are Pioneering a New Digital Lifestyle in China
Concepts for this class:
- Digital Superpower: Dramatic Improvements in User Experience
- Personalization at Scale
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
- This online class offers:
- A weekly lecture you can listen to as a podcast at the gym or in the car or wherever.
- A weekly article with more in-depth material.
- 2-3 weekly updates on what’s happening digital China / Asia.
- This class requires only 90 minutes per week which can be done mostly via a podcast available at iTunes and Himalaya.