The world has changed. China and Asia’s tech titans – including Alibaba, Tencent, Grab, and Didi – have redefined strategies for creating value and for surviving in a winner-take-all digital economy.
Now, Professor Jeff, a leading authority on digital China / Asia, is offering an online course that provides:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from on the ground – and behind the scenes – in digital China.
And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.
You can sign-up for a 30-day free trial here – which immediately gets you:
- The Weekly Lecture you can listen to online or by podcast.
- The Weekly Article on key concepts and events relevant to China’s tech leaders and digital competition.
- 1-2 Daily Updates per week with lessons and current events.
- A lesson schedule and course goals based on your level of expertise (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Access to the library of past lectures and articles.
A Introduction From Prof Jeff
Over the past +9 years, I have taught thousands of executives – at companies such as Alibaba, ICBC, and DHL – and MBA students – at schools like Peking University, CEIBS and Cambridge University – about digital China and the rising China / Asian economies. My students and executives have been about 50% Chinese and 5o% from around the world. Pretty much covering everywhere from Brazil to Russia to the USA.
This program is the online version my classes. And I have two main goals for subscribers:
1) To get deeper insights into the leading digital companies of China and Asia.
Companies like Alibaba, Tencent, Didi, JD, GoJek, Grab and others are the frontier of digital Asia. They are disrupting China / Asia business and are pioneering new digital tools, strategies and business models that are increasingly being copied by companies in the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. Note: Mark Zuckerberg’s ambitious new plan for Facebook is basically a copy of WeChat.
2) To become an expert in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital competition.
We are seeing new digital tools (software, hardware, data technology) rapidly being adopted in industry after industry. They are creating new capabilities and business models – and are changing the ways you win and lose in business. Software is, in fact, eating the world.
All of this is happening faster in Asia, arguably the world’s most fiercely competitive market. Everything is faster. Everything is more ruthless. Silicon Valley may still be the epicenter of digital innovation but China / Asia is the epicenter of digital combat. Executives need to understand the strategies and tactics of advanced digital combat.
I’m looking forward to having you in the class. Cheers, -jeff
Who Is This Class For?
- Busy managers, directors and VPs in Asia. My attendees have often been in technology, retail, CPG and media / communications. But they have also been in logistics, real estate, auto / mobility and many other sectors. And they have been everything from C-suite to just starting out.
- Investors and busy corporate leaders from around the world who want to learn more about what is happening on the frontier of digital China / Asia.
- MBA and other masters students globally.
Regardless where you are in your career, I assume everyone in my class is both very smart and very busy. So my goal is to get you deep insights and big improvement in your expertise in the most condensed way possible.
My Challenge To You
All advanced and valuable skills take time, practice and a teacher. You can’t learn a language in a week. It takes incremental progress over time. You also usually can’t learn a language on your own.
So in this class, I am going to work with you week after week to develop an advanced and valuable skill. It won’t take a lot of time each week, but it will take consistency.
And I am going to push you. I am going to nag you. Think of me like a personal trainer who is always pushing you to do 5 more reps. That, plus consistency, is how you will move upwards in your expertise and abilities over time.
I am going to push you to do a few things each week – which will take about 70 minutes total.
- Listen to a 40-60 minute podcast. These will be lectures and case studies. You can listen to these talks on your phone. At the gym, in the car or wherever.
- Write for 10 minutes about what you would do in the case discussed. What would you do in this situation? What would you advise a CEO to do? You will learn 10x more by trying to make a decision then by just listening passively. You can keep your written decisions private or you can send them in and we will share them.
- Read a weekly article which will go into more depth on the subject.
- Follow the 1-2 Daily Updates I will send each week. These will be short and I am a huge believer in lots of repetition of the most important ideas.
You should be able to do all of this with just your smartphone.
That’s the course. If you can commit to about 70 minutes per week, I will commit to making you an expert. That’s the deal. And, by the way, being the digital and / or China expert in your company or industry is pretty awesome.
You can sign-up here with a 30-day free trial. And there are FAQs below.
How much time can I expect to spend on this class?
About 60-70 minutes per week. We assume our subscribers are busy in both time and available mental energy. So the approach is to be fast and condensed in any given week.
Overall, the course is designed to not move the subscriber consistently forward in expertise – and into more and more and advanced topics over time. Incremental and consistent progress is the process.
I’m not a manager yet. Can I still take the course?
Definitely. The course moves step by step, with lots of repetition and reinforcement. Senior level expertise is not required. Up-and-coming leaders are welcome.
What do I need to access the class?
Just an email address and a smartphone. The classes are mostly via podcast (iTunes) and emailed articles. And all are available at www.jefftowson.com
Who is Professor Jeff?
Jeff is a CEIBS professor, best-selling author and keynote speaker. His writing and speaking are on digital China and Asia’s latest technology trends.
Nicknamed China’s “celebrity professor”, Jeff is the #1 followed professor in China (+3.1M followers on LinkedIn). He was also the #1 LinkedIn Top Voice for Finance globally (2017) and a Top Voice for China (2016, 2017, 2018). He has also been cited as a global influencer by companies including Huawei and Alibaba.
His investment / advisory work is in healthcare, primarily in the US and China / Asia. Jeff was previously Head of Direct Investments for Middle East North Africa and Asia Pacific for Prince Alwaleed, nicknamed by Time magazine the “Arabian Warren Buffett”.
How does this course compare to courses Jeff has taught at PKU, CEIBS and other places?
Jeff teaches finance and digital strategy in semester-long courses at universities. And at executive education sessions. This online class is different in two ways:
- It has much more content, which is spread out over a longer period of time. A traditional course usually consists of 24-30 hours of lectures. This course includes significantly more than that in a year.
- It is much more affordable. Executive education and MBA courses usually cost tens of thousands of USD.
Can I get my company to reimburse me for this course?
Reimbursement policies differ from company to company. But many have a yearly budget for employees to invest in professional development, books, continuing education, conferences and online courses. Talk to your manager if your company will reimburse you for this course.
What if my question hasn’t been answered?
Reach out to email@example.com with any other questions.