My class offers:
- Training in the tech leaders of China and Asia.
- Executive education in the strategies and tactics of digital combat.
- Updates from the rapidly changing Asia tech world.
And it requires just 90 minutes a week online or via podcast. You can sign-up for a 30-day free trial below – which gets you:
- A Weekly Lecture you can listen to online or by podcast.
- A Weekly Article on key concepts and events relevant to China’s tech leaders and digital combat.
- 2-3 Daily Updates per week on current events in Asia tech.
My Approach to Teaching China / Asia Tech
Over the past +9 years, I have taught thousands of executives (Alibaba, ICBC, DHL etc.) and MBA students (Peking University, CEIBS and Cambridge University) around the world. While I am frequently described as an influencer / author / speaker, I am a teacher at heart. My bottom line is how much my students learn and how much I can impact the direction of their careers.
In this vein, I have three goals for subscribers to this class:
1) For you to develop real expertise in the leading digital companies of China and Asia.
Important companies like Alibaba, Tencent, Didi, JD, GoJek, Grab and others are the frontier of digital Asia. They are disrupting China / Asia business and are pioneering new digital tools and business models that now being replicated by companies in the US, Europe, Africa and Latin America. Note: Mark Zuckerberg’s ambitious new plan for Facebook is basically a copy of China’s WeChat.
2) For you to stay up to date on the rapidly rising Asia tech world.
While much of the press attention is now on the back-and-forth between the US and China, two much bigger trends are actually happening.
- China and Asia are rising as major markets and sources of innovation.
- The Asia tech world is diverging and potentially decoupling from the Western tech world.
Asia’s role in an emerging new world order is increasingly important to understand.
3) For you to become an expert in the strategies and tactics of digital competition.
We are seeing new digital tools (software, hardware, data technology) rapidly being adopted in industry after industry. They are creating new capabilities and business models – and are changing the ways you win and lose in business.
And this is all happening faster in Asia, which is the world’s most fiercely competitive market. Everything is faster. Everything is more ruthless. Silicon Valley may still be the epicenter of digital innovation but China / Asia is the epicenter of digital combat. Executives need to understand digital combat and how software and data technology change business strategy and tactics.
My Approach for this Class
All advanced and valuable skills take time and practice. You can’t learn a language in a week. The most valuable skills require time, practice and a teacher. That’s what this course provides.
In this class, I am going to push you. I am going to nag you. Think of me like a personal trainer who is always pushing you to do 5 more reps. That, plus time, is how you will move upwards in your expertise and abilities over time.
In this course, I am going to push you to do 5 things per week – which will take about 90 minutes total.
- Listen to a 40-60 minute podcast (i.e., a lecture) in which I am going to present you with a situation where a company faced a digital issue or attacker. I’m also going to go through 1-2 big digital concepts / frameworks for how to think about the situation. You can listen to these talks on your phone. At the gym, in the car or wherever.
- Write for 20 minutes about what you would do in this situation. I am going to push you to apply the concepts I presented and make a decision. What would you do in this situation? What would you advise a CEO to do? You will learn 10x more by trying to make a decision then by just listening passively. You can keep your written decisions private or you can post them to our discussion forum and get feedback.
- Read a weekly article which will go into more depth on the subject.
- Read 2-3 Daily Updates I will send out during the week. This will have reviews, current events and some quizzes. I am a huge believer in lots of repetition where the most important ideas just become second nature to you.
- Keep notes on the important companies and digital concepts. Over time, you are going to build a robust library of digital tools and expertise.
My experience all these years teaching has been that you really develop advanced skills by learning new ideas from a teacher, applying them yourself and then repeating.
That’s the course. If you can commit to about 90 minutes per week, I will commit to making you an expert. And, by the way, being the digital expert in your company or industry is pretty awesome.
You can sign-up below. There is a 30-day free trial.