In this class, I talk about the difficulty of moving luxury into ecommerce. And how Chinese consumers will likely determine who finally cracks this problem. Secoo and Farfetch are two companies that are on this frontier right now.
Question: Will Farfetch or Secoo win in luxury ecommerce in China? Three factors to consider:
- What do consumers care about most?
- What do large luxury brands care about most?
- What do small luxury brands and boutiques care about most?
Related podcasts and articles:
- Should Starbucks Buy Luckin Coffee? Should Alibaba? HeyTea? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 30)
- My Visit to JD’s E-Space: Is It a Game Changer for Department Stores in China? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 10)
- #26: Advanced and Complicated New Retail
Concepts for this class:
- Platform Business Models: Marketplaces for Products and Services
- New Retail
- Online Merge Offline (OMO)
- SMILE Operational Marathon: Ecosystem Shaping and Management
- China Digital Consumer Network (CDCN)
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also run Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, a podcast and subscription newsletter on the strategies of China / Asia tech companies.
My subscription newsletter offers:
Deeper insights into the strategies of the tech giants of China / Asia. I help investors see around the corner – both with tech giants and rising companies.
See the big picture. Get a better understanding of Asia’s digital ecosystem. What are the important tech themes? What will the future look like? Where to hunt for opportunities?
A unique view from on the ground of digital China / Asia.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.