In this class, I talk about the difficulty of moving luxury into ecommerce. And how Chinese consumers will likely determine who finally cracks this problem. Secoo and Farfetch are two companies that are on this frontier right now.
Question: Will Farfetch or Secoo win in luxury ecommerce in China? Three factors to consider:
- What do consumers care about most?
- What do large luxury brands care about most?
- What do small luxury brands and boutiques care about most?
Related podcasts and articles:
- Should Starbucks Buy Luckin Coffee? Should Alibaba? HeyTea? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 30)
- My Visit to JD’s E-Space: Is It a Game Changer for Department Stores in China? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 10)
- #26: Advanced and Complicated New Retail
Concepts for this class:
- Platform Business Models: Marketplaces for Products and Services
- New Retail
- Online Merge Offline (OMO)
- SMILE Operational Marathon: Ecosystem Shaping and Management
- China Digital Consumer Network (CDCN)
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
- My online class offers:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from the ground – and behind the scenes – of digital China.
- And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.