This week’s podcast is about Magazine Luiza / Magalu and how they ended up as the pioneer of online-merge-offline (OMO) in Brazil retail. They have a fascinating business model.
You can listen to this podcast here or at iTunes and Google Podcasts.
Here are my three strategy questions about Magalu:
- Big Question #1: Will Magalu Become an “Ultimate B2C Marketplace”?
- Big Question #2: Will Magalu go full OMO? Will they be more aggressive in retail formats?
- Big Question #3: Will Magalu go full “infrastructure of commerce”?
- Alibaba’s 3 OMO Lessons for Brazil’s Magalu (2 of 2) (Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
- Why I Really Like Amazon’s Strategy, Despite the Crap Consumer Experience (US-Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
- 3 Big Questions for GoTo (Gojek + Tokopedia) Going Forward (2 of 2)(Winning Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
- Why Netflix and Amazon Prime Don’t Have Long-Term Power. (2 of 2) (US-Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- OMO / New Retail
- Infrastructure of Commerce
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- Magazine Luiza / Magalu
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.