In this class, I talk about Meituan and the evolution toward more advanced types of services marketplaces.
You can listen here or at iTunes, Google Podcasts and Himalaya.
What Should Meituan Do?:
- Geographic expansion
- Focus on transportation services (i.e., Didi)
- Focus on hospitality services (i.e., Ctrip)
- Jump into an ancillary opportunity: Financial Services or Cloud Services
- Advance into more complicated services (i.e., market networks)
The previous podcast on the subject is:
- Meituan vs. Ctrip vs. Alibaba: Who Will Win in China Services? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 22)
- #18 More on Meituan and Marketplace Platforms for Services
Concepts for this class:
- Market Networks
- Marketplaces for Products and Services
Companies for this class:
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.