In this class, I talk about Meituan and the evolution toward more advanced types of services marketplaces.
What Should Meituan Do?:
- Geographic expansion
- Focus on transportation services (i.e., Didi)
- Focus on hospitality services (i.e., Ctrip)
- Jump into an ancillary opportunity: Financial Services or Cloud Services
- Advance into more complicated services (i.e., market networks)
The previous podcast on the subject is:
- Meituan vs. Ctrip vs. Alibaba: Who Will Win in China Services? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 22)
- #18 More on Meituan and Marketplace Platforms for Services
Concepts for this class:
- Market Networks
- Marketplaces for Products and Services
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
- My online class offers:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from the ground – and behind the scenes – of digital China.
- And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.