In this class, I talk about Meituan and the evolution toward more advanced types of services marketplaces.
What Should Meituan Do?:
- Geographic expansion
- Focus on transportation services (i.e., Didi)
- Focus on hospitality services (i.e., Ctrip)
- Jump into an ancillary opportunity: Financial Services or Cloud Services
- Advance into more complicated services (i.e., market networks)
The previous podcast on the subject is:
- Meituan vs. Ctrip vs. Alibaba: Who Will Win in China Services? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 22)
- #18 More on Meituan and Marketplace Platforms for Services
Concepts for this class:
- Market Networks
- Marketplaces for Products and Services
Companies for this class:
I write, speak and consult about digital strategy and transformation.
My book Moats and Marathons details how to measure competitive advantage in digital businesses.
I also host Tech Strategy, a podcast and subscription newsletter on the strategies of the best digital companies in the US, China and Asia.
With my subscription newsletter, you will:
Get a deeper understanding of the strategies and business models of the best digital companies.
Get specific frameworks for measuring competitive advantage in digital businesses and for traditional businesses doing digital transformation.
Get an edge in predicting what is going to happen next and who is going to win.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.