In this class, I talk about Meituan and the evolution toward more advanced types of services marketplaces.
What Should Meituan Do?:
- Geographic expansion
- Focus on transportation services (i.e., Didi)
- Focus on hospitality services (i.e., Ctrip)
- Jump into an ancillary opportunity: Financial Services or Cloud Services
- Advance into more complicated services (i.e., market networks)
The previous podcast on the subject is:
- Meituan vs. Ctrip vs. Alibaba: Who Will Win in China Services? (Jeff’s Asia Tech Class – Podcast 22)
- #18 More on Meituan and Marketplace Platforms for Services
Concepts for this class:
- Market Networks
- Marketplaces for Products and Services
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also run Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, a podcast and subscription newsletter on the strategies of China / Asia tech companies.
My subscription newsletter offers:
Deeper insights into the strategies of the tech giants of China / Asia. I help investors see around the corner – both with tech giants and rising companies.
See the big picture. Get a better understanding of Asia’s digital ecosystem. What are the important tech themes? What will the future look like? Where to hunt for opportunities?
A unique view from on the ground of digital China / Asia.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.