This is part 2 about Xiaomi, Meitu and 7 reasons why platforms / ecosystems succeed or fail. Part 1 is here.
7 reasons why ecosystems (and platforms) fail (by BCG):
- Insufficient problem to solve
- Wrong ecosystem configuration
- Wrong governance choices
- Inadequate monetization
- Weak launch strategy
- Weak defensibility
- Bad execution
Cited in this talk:
Related podcasts and articles:
- Ecosystems vs. Digital Platforms
- SMILE Marathon #5: Ecosystem Orchestration and Management
- Switching costs
- Share of consumer mind
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
- My online class offers:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from the ground – and behind the scenes – of digital China.
- And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.