This week’s podcast is about cloud business models. It’s a complicated and evolving subject. But I am trying to identify good cloud business models that aren’t obvious (like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud). Alibaba Cloud and Snowflake are examples.
Here is an example of an innovation platform.
Here is an example of a Coordination, Collaboration and Standardization (CCS) Platform:
Here are four sub-types of Coordination Platforms.
- Communication. Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Data Intelligence. Snowflake and Confluent.
- Team Projects. Manual and complicated projects like architecture, media creation, software development.
- Operational Automation.
Here are cloud business models I like:
- Innovation platforms
- Coordination platforms (especially when combined with innovation platforms).
- Vertical solutions
- Why I Really Like Amazon’s Strategy, Despite the Crap Consumer Experience (US-Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
- 3 Big Questions for GoTo (Gojek + Tokopedia) Going Forward (2 of 2)(Winning Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
- Why Netflix and Amazon Prime Don’t Have Long-Term Power. (2 of 2) (US-Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Article)
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- Platforms: Coordination
- Platforms: Innovation
- Cloud services
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- Alibaba Cloud
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
I host Tech Strategy, a podcast and subscription newsletter detailing the strategies of the best digital businesses in the US, China and Asia.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
With my subscription newsletter, you will:
Get a deeper understanding of the strategies and business models of the best digital companies.
Get specific frameworks for measuring competitive advantage in digital businesses and for traditional businesses doing digital transformation.
Get an edge in predicting what is going to happen next and who is going to win.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.