This is the fourth episode of my Asia tech class. It is an introduction to Alibaba and platform business models.
- For a shopping mall, credit card and conference (or convention), decide who are the core users, what is the type of interaction, and what is the frequency of interaction? Write it down.
- #3: The basics of Alibaba’s marketplace platform
Here are some notes from the book Platform Revolution.
Concepts for this class:
- Pipelines vs. Digital Platforms
- Digital Superpower: Enables a platform business model.
Companies for this class:
Photo courtesy of Alibaba.
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
- My online class offers:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from the ground – and behind the scenes – of digital China.
- And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.