In this class, we continue the discussion about what Huawei should have done after the US tech ban. In Part 1, we discussed the telco business. Here we talk about the consumer and smartphone business.
But first…consider joining my online course Jeff’s Asia Tech Class for deeper insights into China’s tech leaders and digital strategy.
I presented four options for what to do:
- Fix the supply chain and stay the course.
- Become a digital platform. This means building a smartphone operating system.
- Ignore Europe and focus mostly on China.
- Try to build an anti-US alliance for smartphone operating systems. Europe would be key.
Concepts for this class:
- Digital Platforms vs. Products
- Innovation Platforms
- Operational Marathon
- Innovation Marathon (also under Rate of Learning)
Companies for this class:
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
- My online class offers:
- Deeper insights into workings of the tech giants of China and Asia.
- Executive training in the strategies and tactics of advanced digital strategy.
- A unique view from the ground – and behind the scenes – of digital China.
- And the class is condensed to just 70 minutes a week – so even very busy executives can do it.