These are my predictions for the biggest trends in digital China / Asia for 2020-2030. They are all underway already. And most of them are unique to China / Asia – so I don’t think we will see them elsewhere. My prediction is:
- In 2020 – 2030, China / Asia will become the world’s largest and most innovative digital ecosystem – with unmatched infrastructure and capabilities.
And these the 5 trends I am watching for:
- China / Asia will become the smart devices leader as innovation in digital is combined with innovation in hardware.
- Smart IoT logistics platforms will emerge and connect consumers, retailers, businesses and others autonomously and in real-time.
- New Manufacturing will emerge in Asia that is flexible, efficient and connected.
- Smart cities will emerge and may become operating platforms.
- Digital finance may leapfrog the traditional banking and financial system.
- New Retail
- Online Merge Offline
- Smart IoT Logistics Platforms
- China Digital Consumer Network (CDCN)
- New Manufacturing
Companies for this class:
- JD Logistics
- Insta360 / Arashi Vision
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also teach Jeff’s Asia Tech Class, an online course and daily commentary for busy executives on Asia tech and China’s digital leaders.
My subscription newsletter offers:
Deeper insights into the strategies of the tech giants of China / Asia. I help investors see around the corner – both with tech giants and rising companies.
See the big picture. Get a better understanding of Asia’s digital ecosystem. What are the important tech themes? What will the future look like? Where to hunt for opportunities?
A unique view from on the ground of digital China / Asia.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.