This week’s podcast is about ANE Logistics, which is a compelling business model for digitizing and consolidating less than truckload logistics in China.
Here is my new book:
- Moats and Marathons (Part 1): How to Build and Measure Competitive Advantage in Digital Businesses Kindle Edition
My questions for ANE Logistics:
- Does a franchised logistics network with digital connectivity lower the barrier to entry?
- What happens when the volume is greater a network with the same number of nodes and linkages as another?
- What happens when the geographic density is increased? More nodes and / or more linkages.
- Podcast 26: Is Baidu the New AT&T? The Basics of Physical vs. Virtual Networks.
- Will JD Logistics Become a New Type of Ecosystem? (Asia Tech Strategy – Podcast 71)
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- Networks vs. Platforms vs. Network Effects
- Franchised Networks
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- ANE Logistics
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
I host Tech Strategy, a podcast and subscription newsletter detailing the strategies of the best digital businesses in the US, China and Asia.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
With my subscription newsletter, you will:
Get a deeper understanding of the strategies and business models of the best digital companies.
Get specific frameworks for measuring competitive advantage in digital businesses and for traditional businesses doing digital transformation.
Get an edge in predicting what is going to happen next and who is going to win.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.