Greetings from Peking University.
I send out these lists about once a month. It’s the best China consumer and digital China reading I have come across (I read most everything). Plus some of my recent writing.
So below are my recommended China articles and books for March 2018. I hope these are helpful and that your spring is going well.
Articles and Books
- A good Quartz article about how the purchase of Mobike will change things.
- I’ve been predicting a big Uber vs Didi fight in Mexico and Brazil. Here’s another article on the same subject.
- Esports is huge in China. It’s amaznig. And it looks like the same is happening in SE Asia.
- This is one of my favorite China companies. Really innovative, with tons of new smart products every year.
- Some of the the coolest stuff happening is all the creative digital marketing campaigns.
My Recent Stuff
- A video with my take on some of China’s unique strenghts. Shot in Rio.
- A 3-part series on what I learned from lunch with Warren Buffett. Here’s another part.
- I also made a video of this (shot in Rio). Video located here.
- A video of Jane Xing (Bill Gates Foundation) talking to my students at PKU. One of several clips. Here‘s another. And another.
- A video with thoughts from Mexico on the launch of bike-sharing.
- My four-part summary of the trip.