This week’s podcast is on Ant Financial vs. Square. And has an introduction to the inside vs. outside view and base rates.
Key question: What will drive Square’s growth?
Common metrics for base rates:
- Sales growth
- Gross profitability (gross profits / assets)
- Operating leverage. Change in operating profits relative to change in sales.
- Operating profit margin
- Earnings growth
Related podcasts and articles:
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- External vs. Internal View
- Regression to the Mean (average / base rates, rate of regression)
- Payment Platforms
- Marketplace Platforms
- Complementary Platforms
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- Ant Financial / Group / Alipay
I write and speak about digital China and Asia’s latest tech trends.
I also run Asia Tech Strategy, a podcast and subscription newsletter on the strategies of China / Asia tech companies.
This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.