Christopher Thomas is arguably the artificial intelligence guru of Asia. He leads McKinsey’s Semiconductors Practice in Asia and is also their global head for digital strategy. And prior to McKinsey, he was the general manager for Intel China. You will basically not find a smarter person out there on this subject.
I recently sat down with Chris and asked him my standard five questions:
- What is the most important thing going on in A.I. right now?
- What is the biggest difference between A.I. in China and the West?
- What is everyone getting wrong about A.I. in China?
- What happens next? What is coming in 2-3 years?
- What is an easy first step for a CEO in A.I.?
His answers were fascinating and are shown in the video below (link here. Sorry only YouTube). He also gave an hour lecture to our students and I will post that entire lecture shortly. My apologies for the poor video quality – but I think his comments are fascinating.
Thanks for watching.
- Video: What AI Can and Can’t Do – Chris Thomas, McKinsey & Co
- Video: Nobody Has Figured Out How to Optimize for Deep Learning – Chris Thomas, McKinsey & Co
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.