This week’s podcast is about how to profit from political involvement in China tech. But really it is about how to think systematically about the role of the State. And about how to benefit from the State as the mother-of-all catalysts.
You can sign-up for my online talk Thursday with Kevin O’Leary at:
You can sign-up for my webinar next week on retail tech at:
Ways to profit from State involvement:
- Ride the big waves from top-down initiatives
- Copy Cheah Chang Hye (Value Partners). Buy and sell unfollowed and obscure China bargains.
- Demand a bigger margin of safety
- Buy and sell fast (Ben Graham).
- Buy quantitative certainties (Ben Graham).
- Buy great companies and hold long-term (Philip Fisher).
- How to Assess Political Risk in China Tech (Asia Tech Strategy – Podcast 92)
- Lessons from Cheah Cheng Hye on China Stocks and Uncertain Terrains (Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Lesson / Update)
- How to Profit from China Politics: Suntech and State Catalysts. (Asia Tech Strategy – Daily Lesson / Update)
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- Role of the State
- Giants, Dwarves and the State
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- Cheah Cheng Hye / Value Partners
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
I host Tech Strategy, a podcast and subscription newsletter detailing the strategies of the best digital businesses in the US, China and Asia.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
With my subscription newsletter, you will:
Get a deeper understanding of the strategies and business models of the best digital companies.
Get specific frameworks for measuring competitive advantage in digital businesses and for traditional businesses doing digital transformation.
Get an edge in predicting what is going to happen next and who is going to win.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.