This week’s podcast is about revenue scale and operating leverage in traditional companies vs. software vs. AI. And these things can be really different. Especially software vs. AI.
You can listen to this podcast here or at iTunes, Google Podcasts and Himalaya.
Here are the three factors I mentioned that interact for operating leverage:
- Operating profits
- Economic value creation (i.e., vs capital)
Here are the books I mentioned:
- Platform Scale: How an emerging business model helps startups build large empires with minimum investment
- Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy and How to Make Them Work for You: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy―and How to Make Them Work for You Kindle Edition
Related podcasts and articles are:
From the Concept Library, concepts for this article are:
- Valuation (Question 3): Operating Leverage
- Valuation (Question 3): Revenue Scale and Growth
- SMILE Marathon: AI/ ML
From the Company Library, companies for this article are:
- 34: 9 Questions
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.