Jane Xing is the Deputy Director of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, China office. She has a fascinating view into the foundation’s activities in China, Asia, Africa and other places.
Jane gave a great lecture to our students at Peking University Guanghua School of Management. This course is taught by myself and Jonathan Woetzel, McKinsey & Co. The below is one of several clips we will be posting from her lecture. Note, the front couple of rows make the class look kind of empty. But it was pretty packed.
Video: Does Africa Know What It Wants From China? Jane Xing, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, China office (Youtube only. Link here.)
Thanks for watching.
- Innovation at the Bottom of the Pyramid – Interview with Jane Xing, Gates Foundation China
- How Tech Innovations Can Improve Global Health – Jane Xing, Gates Foundation China (Video)
- How the Gates Foundation Vaccinated 580M People – Jane Xing, Gates Foundation China (Video)
- Investing With Both Social Impact and Business Sense – Jane Xing
- Why the Poor Need Financial Services – Jane Xing
- The Gates Foundation’s Evolving China-Africa Strategy – Jane Xing
I write, speak and consult about how to win (and not lose) in digital strategy and transformation.
I am the founder of TechMoat Consulting, a boutique consulting firm that helps retailers, brands, and technology companies exploit digital change to grow faster, innovate better and build digital moats. Get in touch here.
My book series Moats and Marathons is one-of-a-kind framework for building and measuring competitive advantages in digital businesses.
Note: This content (articles, podcasts, website info) is not investment advice. The information and opinions from me and any guests may be incorrect. The numbers and information may be wrong. The views expressed may no longer be relevant or accurate. Investing is risky. Do your own research.