I do talks and executive education seminars around the world, mostly on Chinese consumers and digital China. These have included CEO briefs, talks at company events, large conferences (Citic Securities, Financial Times, McKinsey & Co) and executive education seminars onsite at companies (ICBC, China Merchant Bank, Cambridge University).
My most popular executive education seminar is:
“Introduction to China Business” – Executive Education Seminar
Understanding China is becoming more and more important in business, government and virtually everywhere else. And this is a problem for most because it can seem a complicated subject.
I offer a short, intensive course as a solution to this problem. It is a one and a three day course that is done on-site at your company or organization with the goal of getting your staff up to speed on how to think about China and China business. It is designed as an intensive and fun first step in understanding the rise of China and its impact on global markets.
This short intensive course is an adaptation of a full course I have been teaching to MBA’s at Peking University for +6 years. Co-taught with Jonathan Woetzel of McKinsey, it is a particularly popular course for international MBAs. It doesn’t require any significant China knowledge and is appropriate for everyone from incoming staff to management teams. It does require an interest in learning, because we move fast and cover a lot.
The benefits for attendees are:
- A reliable framework for the main drivers and trends of the China economy.
- An update on the major events of this year.
- A projection for what China business and its interaction with the world will look like in 5-10 years.
- An understanding of the most common mistakes companies make when dealing with China and Chinese companies.
- Feedback on China-related issues your company may already be dealing with.
- Preparation for upcoming trips or projects in China.
- A fun day and a chance to learn about a fascinating and timely topic.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
My most popular talks and keynotes are:
“Lessons from the Brutal Fight for 1 Billion Chinese Consumers”
- Chinese consumers continue to rise and change – and companies around the world continue to fight for them.
- This talk details the latest updates from this fight – and summarizes the major consumer trends and the lessons from the winners and losers.
- How did Starbucks, Didi and the NBA win in China? Why did Taco Bell, Uber and baseball lose? And how did Carlsberg lose and then come back and win?
“What Retail Executives Everywhere Should Know About China’s Digital Revolution in Retail”
- E-commerce and digital transformation are areas where China is increasingly setting the pace. Both are happening bigger and faster in China than anywhere else.
- This talk details what retail and e-commerce companies and executives should know about what is happening with Alibaba, JD, Netease, Gome and others this year. It details the strategies and tactics of China’s “new retail” phenomenon.
“Best Practices of China’s Digital Champions: Understanding How Alibaba, JD, Tencent and Others Manage, Operate and Win.”
- The digital giants of China are now in the top tier of digital companies globally. From Alibaba and Netease to Mobike and Toutiao, the approach of these leading companies has important lessons for competing and winning in the Internet and technology space.
- This talk summarizes the lessons of these companies and gives an update about what is coming next in digital China.
“Lessons in Digital Transformation from China’s Champions”
- While much of the attention is on the digital giants of China (Alibaba, Tencent, etc.), the largest phenomenon is actually the adoption of new data and digital tools in the more traditional sectors, such as banking, healthcare, retail, and transportation.
- This talk looks at the diffusion of DT (data technology) into the various sectors of the Chinese economy.
To book a speaking engagement please contact your local speakers bureau or email email@example.com