Jonathan Woetzel and I have just released a new 2017 version of our One Hour China book (here). We originally released it in 2013 and it (quite surprisingly) jumped onto the best-seller list (for China). It has more of less stayed on the best-seller list for the past three years.
But a new version was needed. China just changes too fast. For example, here are some of the things that have changed in the 3 years in China:
- Over 30M people have moved into Chinese cities. Note: by 2025, China will have 10 New York-sized cities.
- 60M people bought cars and over 1,000 miles of metro lines (the distance from Dallas to Chicago) were built.
- Over 20M people graduated from Chinese universities. Also, China sent more than 1.4M students to study overseas.
- Over 360M Chinese tourists traveled out of the country.
- Chinese companies made over $400B in overseas acquisitions.
- China’s foreign exchange reserves first grew by $800B, then shrank by $1T. They ended up at $3T
We hope you enjoy the new 2017 version. It is available here.
Also, you can sign-up for my recommended China reading list here at www.jeffreytowson.com